According to one website my uterus is officially the size of a soccer ball. From the looks of the above picture, I would have to agree.
* Danielle got to feel Mabel move from the outside of my tummy! She was the first person other than Daniel to feel her move. Pretty special, I think.
* I haven't gained any weight since my last Dr's appointment. I'm still at a total of 25 pounds [eek].
* I am having 2 or 3 contractions a day.
* My feet have been swollen twice this week. I've been up doing alot and it's pretty warm outside but I didn't realize it would all start so soon:(
* I'm having a hard time sleeping. My back aches alot already.
* We can see Mabel move my tummy now. It's fun to watch!
* Brother asked me if Mabel was "in that hole?" when he looked at my belly button.
* Nora asked me if Mabel will come out with a binky.
* While getting ready this morning, I thought I was going to have a heat stroke. My upstairs bathroom has no air conditioning vents so it tends to get warmer than the other rooms. I basically made it known to everyone that I doubt I'll survive this summer in the heat.
Then I remembered: I've done it twice before...
...while freezing everyone else to death in the process.
* Speaking of hot- I sweat all the time. Alot. (see last week's belly picture)
I had to fold paper towels and put them under my arms during church on Easter Sunday.
Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm exhausted by the end of the night but other than that, I still feel well. I know that may only last a few more weeks as my tummy expands and my body changes so I am enjoying these moments of sweet kicks and subtle growth.
Our prayers over Mabel are delicate and unique, just like I know that she already is. There is something very different about this little girl than with my other two children, I can already tell. She is such a blessing and I am enjoying the opportunity to nurture and grow this baby safely inside of me. The journey of pregnancy is my favorite journey. I am forever grateful that God allows me to, without complications, carry and deliver strong and healthy babies!
"For You created my innermost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."